Watermain Replacement and Improvement
Sierra Boulevard, Leilani Drive and Orcades Crescent
Project #13-1345 G
We have finished the work. The project is under warranty until October 2016.
What are we doing?
- Reinstating driveways, sod, and curb following the replacement of the watermain and services along Sierra Boulevard, Leilani Drive and Orcades Crescent.
- To complete restoration following upgrade of the water distribution system.
- We expect to start work on or about June 16, 2014.
- The project should be completed before July 31, 2014.
Who can you call?
|Region of Peel Personnel|
|Frank Pugliese||Project Manager||905-791-7800 ext. 5943|
|Adam Morrin||Inspector||905-791-7800 ext. 3246|
|Sam Rabito Construction Ltd.
Sam Rabito Construction Ltd. will do the work, under contract to the Region of Peel
|Corey Luciano||Project Coordinator||905-642-5356|
Traffic and Parking Control
- We may need to reduce traffic to a single lane during construction.
- If we have to reroute traffic, we will place signs giving directions.
- Due to construction activities, we may need to block your driveway for a short time. We will contact you before we do this to arrange for the best time and for alternate access, if needed.
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times.
- Please call the Project Manager if you have special needs related to access or business hours.
Replacing and Taking Care of Your Sod
- The contractor will take care of any sod we replace for 30 days.
- You can help the sod to stay healthy by watering it for one hour in the early morning, two or three times a week. This is especially important in hot or dry weather.
- We will replace your sod as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
Repairing Your Driveway
- If we have cut your driveway, we will repair the asphalt in the disturbed area from edge to edge across the driveway. Unfortunately the Region cannot completely replace your driveway.
- We will repair your driveway as soon as we can, but there may be a short delay.
- If you would like to have the rest of your driveway paved at this time, please contact the contractor named on the front of this letter. This is the only contact for you. Please do not accept direct solicitation from any contractor telling you that they have been retained by the Region. Please remember this is your option. If you choose to do nothing, we will repair all areas damaged by our construction; however, we are unable to completely replace your driveway.
Repairing the Road, Curbs, and Sidewalks
- We will start restoring the road and boulevard once all replacements and service transfers are complete and as weather permits.
- We will complete the restoration on a street-by-street basis.
- The Region of Peel will always let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
- We will try to disturb you as little as possible.
- Please call the project manager or inspector if you have any problems or special needs.