Focus Areas: Water Resources
The Region of Peel and its partners protects, manages and conserves water resources at a Regional scale in order to ensure clean drinking water for residents and environmental well-being. The objective of the water resources policy review is to:
- Ensure consistency with the Provincial Policy Statement (PPS);
- Incorporate the policies contained in the applicable source protection plans as required under Clean Water Act;
- Conform to the policies contained in the Lake Simcoe Protection Plan, as required through the Lake Simcoe Protection Act;
- Ensure that policy guidance contained in the watershed plans for the Oak Ridges Moraine are addressed in the ROP;
- Acknowledge the approved Ontario Great Lakes Strategy and Great Lakes Protection Act, if needed; and
- Update and strengthen policy direction in the Regional Official Plan for stormwater management.
Regional staff will work with the area municipalities, the Province, conservation authorities and other organizations on this review and update.
For more information, email the Principal Planner or call (905) 791-7800 ext. 4350.