Who Lives at Peel Youth Village?
As many as 48 youth, 16 to 30 years of age, live at Peel Youth Village (PYV). Staff are onsite 24-7, 365 days a year.
Youth from diverse backgrounds are referred to PYV by staff from recognized social service, educational or health care agencies in Peel. Potential residents complete an application process to determine the suitability of the program to their needs. Residents may stay for up to one year.
To be potentially eligible to apply to live at PYV, applicants must:
- Be 16 to 30 years old
- Have a need for housing and supports
- Be referred by staff of a recognized community social service, educational or health care organization in Peel Region
- Have a current source of income, or be eligible to receive Ontario Works assistance
- Be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant or possess conventional refugee status
- Be willing to sign an Occupancy Agreement
- Make a commitment to actively participate with staff in personal goal setting, group programs and developing daily life skills to achieve goals