Notice of Public Meeting
Proposed Amendment Number 16 to the Region of Peel Official Plan
Notice is hereby given that the Council of the Regional Municipality of Peel, at a special meeting of Council, will hold a public meeting, under Section 17(15) of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended, to consider a proposed amendment to the Regional Official Plan on:
|Thursday, June 16, 2005 - at 9:30 a.m.
10 Peel Centre Dr., 5th Fl.
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
An Open House will be held in the 5th Fl. Boardroom from 9 a.m. to noon
Draft Amendment (pdf 600 kb, 19 pages)
The purpose of the Proposed Amendment is to:
Propose changes to the transportation network and policies, as part of the Regional Official Plan Strategic Update (ROPSU).
Location of the subject lands:
The subject lands include the entire area of the Region of Peel.
The effect of the Proposed Amendment is to:
Amend several sections and schedules in the Regional Official Plan to address:
- Continued rapid growth in travel demand to, from, within and through the Region of Peel;
- Growing auto dependency, road congestion and travel delays;
- Limited opportunities for improving the capacity of existing roads and building new ones;
- Changing travel patterns (growing inter-regional and inter-municipal trips);
- Growing concerns related to transportation impacts on air quality, health, climate change and use fossil fuels;
- Need to provide travel options (e.g., transit) to meet diverse needs and to make transportation more sustainable; lack of adequate, predictable, sustained funding to provide such options;
- Growing demand for transportation for persons with disabilities; and
- Rapid growth in goods movement; increased dependence on trucks; need to provide for efficient goods movement to preserve and enhance economic vitality of the Region.
For additional Information:
To obtain a copy of the proposed amendment to the Region of Peel Official Plan, please visit the Region of Peel Planning department located on the 6th Fl., 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton, or the Region of Peel Website at peelregion.on.ca/planning. Copies of this information will be available to the public on May 13, 2005 .
If you wish to be notified about the adoption of the proposed Official Plan Amendment, you must make a written request to:
Charlotte Gravlev, Regional Clerk
If a person or public body that files a notice of appeal of a decision of the Regional Municipality of Peel in respect of the proposed official plan amendment does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, or make written submissions to the Regional Municipality of Peel before the proposed official plan amendment is adopted, the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) may dismiss all or part of the appeal.
For further information, please contact Wayne Chan, Planning Manager, Transportation Planning division of the Regional Planning department at 905 791-7800, ext. 4405.
| Nick Tunnacliffe
Commissioner of Planning
Monday July 30 2007