Free Admission at PAMA extended until September 6
BRAMPTON, ON. (July 31, 2015) - Free admission is extended until Labour Day at the Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA). Don’t miss out on a full line-up of summer exhibitions and family fun, all FREE this August.*
Fun Family Activities - Thursday nights & Weekends in August: Free drop-in family activities are offered all summer long to create your own exhibition-inspired piece of art!
|August 1 & 2
|| Create your own Pixelated Portrait
||Closed for the Civic Holiday
|August 6, 8 & 9
|| Discover the Peel Jail and create a “Wanted” Poster
|August 13, 15 & 16
|| Make your own abstract art masterpiece
|August 20, 22 & 23
|| Construct a disguise and play detective with a Jail-based
|August 27, 30 & 31
|| Create layers on your own portrait collage
Summer Staycation Days - Think BIG, Think Small (August 4 – August 7 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.) Think BIG by participating in the creation of an over-sized community art piece! Then, create your very own mini take-home version. New activities daily!
Family Art and Yoga (August 15 from 2- 3:30 p.m. & August 20 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.) Join us for a special art activity and family yoga lesson. Learn classic yoga movements led by instructor Margarita and create a unique piece of art to take home. All levels of yoga students are welcomed. Please bring your own mat. Class is free and art supplies are included.
Thursday Night Courthouse Tours (8 p.m.): Enjoy a unique night out with a guided tour of our historical courthouse. Combine this with the Thursday Night Concert Series in Gage Park (across the street) or by enjoying Shakespeare in Ken Whillans Square for a downtown adventure packed with culture!
- Can You Imagine (July 18 - September 6): We want to know your vision for the future of Peel! Visit PAMA this summer and provide your feedback in our creative and interactive space. What issues are important to you and your family? What will the arts and culture community look like in 2035? Visit on-site or on-line at facebook.com/Imagine2035 to have your say and tell us your vision for Peel in the year 2035.
- In Conversation: The Art Collection of PAMA and the Helson Gallery (July 5 - Sept. 14): Two public collections displayed together to create new experiences and dialogue.
- Portraits: Moments in Time, Selections from PAMA’s Collection (July 5 – Sept. 20): Reflecting on identity through the examination of select portraits.
- Timeless Creations: Prints by Stanley Lewis (July 5 – Sept. 20): Stonecut prints by the internationally renowned printmaker and sculptor.
- Wish You Were Here Postcard Collection (June 15 to Aug. 28): Visit the Archives Reading Room to see this exhibition of summer inspired postcards and photographs. Archives hours do vary from regular PAMA hours.
- Long Moments by Olex Wlasenko (June 14 – October 18): A new collection of cinema-inspired charcoal drawings.
There Is Great Value In Membership! Members can take part in two colourfully creative, FREE events at PAMA this August**!
Thursday Aug. 13 - Adult Paint Night
Thursday Aug. 20 - Family Paint Night
Prices start at an individual membership level of $45, to a family membership level of $60 per year. For more details on levels, benefits or to how to register visit our website.
New Summer Group Tours
PAMA provides a one hour guided tour for groups of 10+ with a one hour interactive activity at $6 per person.
*Group rates still apply
**Limited space available based on first-come, first-RSVP basis
PAMA is a place to explore and learn about Peel Region’s culture and heritage, as well as use conversation, questions and stories to help make new and fascinating connections to the surrounding community. Throughout the year, PAMA offers a variety of workshops and programs for all ages, families and adults. With so many different programs to choose from, PAMA has something for everyone. Operated by the Region of Peel, PAMA is located at 9 Wellington St. E. in Brampton. Visit pama.peelregion.ca to learn more.