Brampton, Mississauga, & Caledon Curbside Yard Waste Collection Ends the Week of November 23, 2015
BRAMPTON, ON. (Nov. 16, 2015) – The Region of Peel’s residents are advised that curbside yard waste collection ends on November 26 for Mississauga and Brampton and November 27 for Caledon. It will resume in the spring. During this final week, yard waste will be picked up on regular collection days.
Residents are asked to follow these steps when putting yard waste at the curb for collection:
- Place yard waste in paper yard waste bags, bushel baskets, or labelled, open, rigid, and reusable containers.
- Set out yard waste and recyclable material on the opposite side of the driveway from garbage, if possible.
- Tie brush securely in bundles of up to 1.2 m (4 ft.) in length and 76 cm (30 in.) in width.
- Ensure brush, tree trimmings, limbs, and branches are 10 cm (4 in.) or less in diameter.
- Ensure yard waste containers and bundles do not exceed 20 kg (44 lbs.) each.
- Leaves, garden trimmings, plants, grass clippings, twigs, branches, and lawn edging (earth removed) can be set out as yard waste.
- Corn stalks and other fruits and vegetables from the garden should be placed in backyard composters, yard waste containers or green bins for organics recycling.
- Do not use plastic bags, cardboard boxes or recycling boxes for yard waste.
- Do not include sod, soil, stumps or stones with yard waste.
Take stumps, soil, sod, and excess yard waste to any of Peel's Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) for disposal. Drop-off fees apply.
Visit peelregion.ca/waste for your collection calendar plus CRC locations and hours.
The Region of Peel provides waste management services in the Cities of Brampton and Mississauga and in the Town of Caledon. Visit peelregion.ca/waste for more information on its programs and services.