Region of Peel Thanksgiving Holiday Hours
BRAMPTON, ON. (Oct. 4, 2011) – Region of Peel offices and non-emergency services will be closed for Thanksgiving Day on Monday, Oct. 10, 2011.
Residents in Brampton and Mississauga are reminded that there will be no waste collection on Monday, Oct. 10 due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later that week.
Residents in Caledon are advised there will be no changes to their waste collection services due to the Thanksgiving holiday on Monday, Oct. 10. Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected on regular collection days during that week.
The following services will be closed on Monday, Oct. 10 and will re-open on Tuesday, Oct. 11:
- Peel’s Community Recycling Centres
- Ontario Works in Peel and Employment Resource Centres (Millcreek in Mississauga; and 10 Peel Centre Dr. in Brampton)
- Peel Access to Housing, Peel Living and Rent Supplement (10 Peel Centre Dr. in Brampton)
- Learn.Play.Care. Child Care Centres, Early Learning Services and Children’s Services Operations
- All breastfeeding clinic services offered at Brampton Breastfeeding Clinic and the Peel Public Health Clinic – Meadowvale. Breastfeeding clinics operate by appointment only. To book an appointment, please call 905-799-7700.
All Healthy Sexuality Clinics will be closed on Monday, Oct. 10 and will resume regular hours of operation on Tuesday, Oct. 11. The Bolton Healthy Sexuality Clinic will be closed on Monday, Oct. 10 and instead will be open on Tuesday, Oct. 11 from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
TransHelp service hours for the Thanksgiving holiday will operate from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. Service will be provided by contracted vendors, but not available by bus. Accessible Transportation offices will be closed. Regular office hours and bus service will resume on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
The Regional Municipality of Peel was incorporated in 1974 on the principle that certain community and infrastructure services are most cost-effectively administered over a larger geographic area. The Region of Peel serves more than one million residents in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, and the town of Caledon.
For more information on the Region of Peel, call 905-791-7800 or visit peelregion.ca.