Region of Peel Holiday Hours
BRAMPTON, ON. (Dec. 17, 2010) – Many Region of Peel offices and non-emergency services will be closed for the holidays from Dec. 25, 2010 to Jan. 3, 2011 and will re-open on Jan. 4, 2011.
Residents in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga are advised that there will be no changes to their waste collection services due to the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. Garbage and recycling (blue box and green bin) containers will be collected on regularly scheduled days.
Community Recycling Centre (CRC) Schedule
The Region of Peel’s CRCs will be closed on the following dates during the Christmas and New Year’s holidays:
- Saturday, Dec. 25, 2010
- Sunday, Dec. 26, 2010
- Monday, Dec. 27, 2010
- Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011
- Caledon CRC will also be closed on Monday, Jan. 3, 2011
CRCs will operate under regular hours and regular days of the week on all other days during the holiday period.
The following Human Services offices will be closed from Monday, Dec. 27 and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2011:
- Learn.Play.Care. Child Care Centres, Early Learning Services and Children’s Services Operations
- Peel Access to Housing (PATH), Peel Living and Rent Supplement (10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton)
- Employment Resource Centres (6715 Millcreek Dr., Mississauga and 10 Peel Centre Dr., Brampton)
Ontario Works in Peel offices will be open Dec. 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and then closed until Jan. 4. During the closure, enhanced After Hours (emergency) coverage will be in place. Assistance may include urgent requests for medication, funerals, evacuations due to fire/flood, etc. The Regional After Hours Answering Service can be contacted by calling 905-791-7800 and pressing zero. Ontario Works in Peel clients can check the status of their payments by using the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 1-800-808-2268. This system can be accessed from a touch-tone phone Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., and on the weekend from noon to 5 p.m.
All Healthy Sexuality Clinics will be closed from Dec. 24 to 28, 2010. All clinics will open for regularly scheduled hours on Dec. 29 and 30, 2010 and will be closed from Dec. 31, 2010 to Jan. 3, 2011. All clinics will resume regular hours of operation on Jan. 4, 2011.
All breastfeeding clinic services offered at the Brampton Breastfeeding Clinic and the Peel Public Health Clinic – Meadowvale will be closed from Dec. 24 to 28, 2010. Both clinics will be open on Dec. 29 and 30, 2010 and closed from Dec. 31, 2010 to Jan. 3, 2011. Both clinics will resume regular business hours on Jan. 4, 2011. Breastfeeding clinics operate by appointment only. To book an appointment, please call 905-799-7700.
TransHelp office will be closed Dec. 25, 2010 to Jan. 3, 2011, with regular hours resuming Jan. 4, 2011. Holiday service hours are as follows:
- Friday, Dec. 24 – Full Service: 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 25 – Full Service: 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 26 – Taxi Service Only
- Monday, Dec. 27 to Thursday, Dec. 30 – Full Service: 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Friday, Dec. 31 – Full Service: 6 a.m. to 3 a.m. (ride free from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.)
- Saturday, Jan. 1 – Taxi Service Only
- Sunday, Jan. 2 – Full Service: 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 3 – Full Service: 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
The Regional Municipality of Peel was incorporated in 1974 on the principle that certain community and infrastructure services are most cost-effectively administered over a larger geographic area. The Region of Peel serves more than one million residents in the cities of Brampton and Mississauga and the town of Caledon.
For more information on the Region of Peel, please call 905-791-7800, or visit peelregion.ca.