Short Relaxation Exercise
Start by practicing relaxation 5-10 minutes
a day - you'll notice the difference
NOTE: Do not do these exercises if they cause you to feel any pain.
For the following exercises, tense each muscle group for 5 to 7 seconds and then relax for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat each exercise once or twice.
Notice the contrast between tension and relaxation.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath - gently
inhale through your nose and slowly exhale through your mouth. Take
another deep breath. Resume breathing normally.
- Clench your teeth. Release. Notice the sensation of relaxation in your jaw.
- Shrug your shoulders by gently raising them towards your ears. Relax by lowering them back down.
- Clench your left fist. Feel the tension through your lower arm. Let it go.
- Clench your right fist. Hold it tight... and
relax. Notice the difference.
- Bend your elbows and tense your biceps. Relax by lowering your arms down to your sides. Enjoy the feeling of relaxation in your arms.
- Press your heels down. Push hard... hold...
- Curl your toes... hold it...and relax.
- Point your toes toward the ceiling... feel
the tension in your calves... let go.
- Take in another deep breath, hold it briefly, and let it go.
You should be feeling relaxed from head to toe. Take a moment to enjoy the sensation. Try to remember this feeling so that you will now how you feel when you are completely relaxed. When you feel ready, open your eyes.
Do you know the signs
with Stress at Work