Community and Online resources
- Alberta Health Services' Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs
Offers information and resources from Alberta Health Services.
- CATIE — Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange (CATIE) offers information on substance misuse and harm reduction.
- Government of Canada's Youth Drug Prevention for Parents
Offers youth drug prevention information and resources for parents.
- Search Institute's What Kids Need: Developmental Assets
Provides resources and information on 40 common-sense, positive experiences and qualities that help influence the choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults.
Counselling and Treatment
- Addiction Counselling Services of Peel at the William Osler Health Centre
Outpatient individual and group counselling for clients with alcohol, drugs or gambling addictions. Family support and education are also offered.
- Addictions and Concurrent Disorders Centre at Credit Valley Hospital
Outpatient services including group and individual counselling for clients with:
- Moderate and severe substance use problems.
- Concurrent disorders (a combination of substance abuse and mental health problems experienced by a client at the same time.)
- Peel Addiction Assessment and Referral Centre (PAARC)
Serves people concerned about their — or someone else's — involvement with alcohol or drugs. Services include:
- Detailed assessments and case management.
- Individual and group counselling.
- A wide variety of acceptable treatment models, including harm reduction.
- Specialized services for the East Indian community.
- Punjabi Community Health Services
Services for seniors, adults, youth and children in the areas of:
- health promotion
- mental health
- research and resource development
- violence prevention
- YMCA Youth Substance Abuse Program Peel
905-276-9322 ext 216
Harm-reduction-based counselling and education for young people aged 14-24 with substance use issues.