Chapter 13: Communications
Effective, clear, and timely communication is a critical component of emergency management. Open communication with the community and key stakeholders is essential to secure support and co-operation, build confidence, and dispel rumours and misinformation.
This chapter defines communication objectives, target audiences, key messages, and specific strategies (written, spoken and visual) during each phase of the pandemic influenza. It also includes evaluation activities to measure the effectiveness of the communication strategies.
Communications (PDF 9 pages, 52KB)
Table of contents:
- Table of Contents (PDF 97KB, 2 pages)
- List of Figures, Tables, and Abbreviations (PDF 39KB, 3 pages)
- Acknowledgements (PDF 30KB, 1 page)
- Executive Summary (PDF 38KB, 4 pages)
Section 1: Overview
Section 2: Concept of Operations
- Roles and Responsibilities (Chapter 5)
- Emergency Response and the Incident Management System (Chapter 6)
- Authority and Legislation (Chapter 7)
Section 3: Response Components
- Section 4: Planning and Preparedness