- Marijuana use was prevalent among Peel youth. One in four (26%) students reported they had tried marijuana in their lifetime and 38% of these students first tried it before they started high school.
- More than half (55%) of all students reported a few or more of their close friends had tried marijuana. By Grade 12, 84% of students reported a few or more of their close friends had tried marijuana.
- In general, students felt it would be easy for them to get marijuana if they wanted some. More than one-third (37%) of all students thought it would be either easy or very easy to obtain marijuana, while only 4% of students reported it would be impossible for them to get the drug. Sixty-two per cent of Grade 12 students reported it would be easy or very easy to get marijuana if they wanted some.
Chapter 3 -
Tobacco, Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs (PDF 164KB, 41 pages)
Table of Contents:
- Table of Contents (PDF 34KB, 4 pages)
- List of Figures and Tables (PDF 52KB, 17 pages)
- Executive Summary (PDF 57KB, 8 pages)
- Introduction (PDF 31KB, 2 pages)
- Student Health 2005 - Introduction
- Chapter 1 - Student Profile
- Chapter 2 - Eating Habits, Physical Activity and Body Weight
- Chapter 3 - Tobacco, Alcohol, Marijuana and Other Drugs
- Chapter 4 - Bullying and Safety
- Chapter 5 - Mental Health and Self Esteem
- Chapter 6 - Sexual Health
- Chapter 7 - Dental Health
- Chapter 8 - Injuries
- Chapter 9 - Sun Safety
- Data Sources, Methods, and Limitations (PDF 45KB, 4 pages)
- References (PDF 49KB, 8 pages)
- News Release