|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 140-2007|
A by-law to approve the expropriation of land being Part of Lot 5, Concession 5 West of Hurontario Street, in the City of Brampton (formerly Township of Chinguacousy), Regional Municipality of Peel, being more particularly identified as Part 22 on draft reference plan 07-B5469-7 prepared by Young & Young Surveying Inc. and the taking of all steps necessary to obtain the possession of those lands.
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation enacted By-law Number 73-2007 on August 2, 2007 authorizing commencement of the expropriation of the above-described lands for the purposes set out therein;
AND WHEREAS no hearing of necessity will be held in respect of this proposed expropriation, and the Regional Corporation now seeks approval of the proposed expropriation;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution passed on December 13, 2007 authorized the approval of the expropriation of the above-described lands;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. The expropriation of the above mentioned lands, more particularly described in the Certificate of Approval attached hereto as Schedule “A” to this by-law is hereby approved;
2. That the Regional Clerk is hereby authorized and directed to sign and execute on behalf of the Council of the Regional Corporation and affix the corporate seal to the Certificate of Approval attached hereto as Schedule “A” and all other notices and documents which are necessary to carry out the provisions of this by-law;
3. That a plan of expropriation be prepared and registered in the proper land registry office;
4. That a Notice of Expropriation be served upon the registered owner, together with a form of Notice of Election form as to the date of assessment of compensation;
5. That an appraisal report of the market value of the lands and the damages for injurious affection, if any, be obtained;
6. That an offer of an amount in full compensation and an offer for immediate payment of 100% of market value as estimated by the expropriating authority, all in accordance with s. 25 of the Expropriations Act, be served, together with a copy of the appraisal report;
7. That a Notice of Possession be served requiring possession of the land at least three months after the date of service.
READ THREE TIMES AND PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 13th day of December, 2007.
| C. Gravlev
Schedule A to By-law 140-2007 is available in Clerk's Division.