|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 10-2004|
|A by-law to approve the expropriation of land being Part Road Allowance between former Township of Albion and Toronto Gore, known as King William Street (closed by 150922VS) and Part of Lots 1, 2 & 3, Plan TG-2, and Part of Lots 4, 5, 6 and 7, Plan TG-2, and Part of St. Mary's Street (closed by 102577VS), City of Brampton (formerly Township Toronto Gore), Regional Municipality of Peel, designated as Parts 2 and 4 on draft reference plan number 03-28-837-00-A prepared by J.D. Barnes Limited dated June 4, 2003 and the taking of all steps necessary to obtain the possession of those lands.|
WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution passed on February 12, 2004 authorized the approval of the expropriation of the above described lands;
NOW THEREFORE, the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. The expropriation of the above
mentioned lands, more particularly described in the Certificate of Approval
attached hereto as Schedule "A" to this by-law is hereby approved
for the written reasons attached hereto as Schedule "B" to this by-law;
2. That a plan of expropriation be prepared and registered in the proper land registry office;
3. That a Notice of Expropriation be served upon the registered owner, together with a form of Notice of Election as to the date of assessment of compensation;
4. That an appraisal report of the market value of the lands and the damages for injurious affection, if any, be obtained;
5. That an offer of an amount in full compensation and an offer for immediate payment of 100% of market value based upon the appraisal report be served, together with a copy of the appraisal report.
6. That a notice requiring possession of the land be served requiring possession three months after the date of service;
7. That the Deputy Clerk is hereby
authorized and directed to sign and execute on behalf of the Regional Corporation
and affix the corporate seal to the Certificate of Approval attached hereto
as Schedule "A" and all other notices and documents which are necessary
to carry out the provisions to this by-law.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED
IN OPEN COUNCIL this 12th day of February, 2004.
Acting Regional Clerk
Schedules "A" and "B" available in Clerk's