|THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL|
|BY-LAW NUMBER 67-2002|
|A by-law to amend the sewer charge rates imposed by the Regional Corporation pursuant to By-law Number 19-77, as amended, titled "To provide for imposing on and collecting from the owners or occupants of lands within the Regional Municipality of Peel a sewer charge to cover the cost of the establishment, construction, maintenance, operation and financing of the sanitary sewage system of the Regional Municipality of Peel".|
WHEREAS By-law Number 19-77, as amended, was passed on the 24th February, 1977 respecting the imposition of a service charge to cover the cost of the establishment, construction, maintenance, operation and financing of the sanitary sewer system of the Regional Corporation;
AND WHEREAS Sections 2 and 3 of the said By-law Number 19-77, as amended, provide for the establishment of rates for a Regional sewer charge on or before April 1, 1977, and annually thereafter, by the Council of the Regional Corporation;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Regional Corporation has by resolution on the 21st November, 2002, approved revised Regional sewer charge rates;
NOW THEREFORE the Council of the Regional Corporation enacts as follows:
1. That the Regional Sewer Charge Rates set out below are effective for all accounts rendered on or after April 1, 2003:
(1) Residential consumers who are connected to the sanitary sewer system and whose water consumption is unmetered shall be charged a flat rate of $6.00 per month on a three-month interval.
(2) Non-residential and residential consumers, whether individual or multiple unit, who have metered water service recorded in imperial gallons shall be charged a Regional Sewer Charge Rate of $2.27 per thousand gallons.
(3) Non-residential and residential consumers, whether individual or multiple unit, who have metered service recorded in metric units (cubic metres) shall be charged a Regional Sewer Charge Rate of $4.9845 per ten cubic meters (10m3).
2. Resolution 98-836 as confirmed by By-law 52-98 is confirmed.
3. Resolution 2002-1189 as confirmed by By-law 62-2002 is confirmed.
4. Despite the setting of new sewer charge rates under this by-law, the sewer charge rates in effect on the day immediately prior to the new sewer charge rates coming into effect shall continue to apply to all accounts rendered on or before March 31, 2003.
5. Subject to section 1, this by-law takes effect on the day it is passed.
READ THREE TIMES AND FINALLY PASSED IN OPEN COUNCIL this 12th day of December,
Acting Regional Clerk