Description of Current Services
Accessibility Planning Program staff are located at Region of Peel Administrative Headquarters, Suite A, 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, Ontario, L6T 4B9.
Profile of Current Services
Program Support & Coordination
The Program coordinates implementation and development of annual accessibility plans as well as providing support to the AAC, the Accessibility Planning Steering Committee and all Regional departments in assessing and ensuring that services, programs, projects, and policy initiatives address the accessibility needs of citizens, customers, and employees with disabilities.
Supported by the Accessibility Planning Specialist, the Regional Accessibility Planning process is aligned with departmental processes, and may establish project teams comprised of departmental representatives, AAC members and outside resources, in working toward the goals of:
- developing Regional annual Accessibility Plan(s) for approval by Council;
- consulting with the members of AAC;
- assisting the Executive Management Team (EMT), Accessibility Steering Committee and Council in prioritizing accessibility barriers for elimination with proposals for actions; and,
- networking and partnering with other municipalities and external organizations.
Description of Clients/Customers
Customers and Clients of Regional Programs and Services
All individuals who access and use the services, programs and information offered and delivered by the Region of Peel.
All departments seeking accessibility advice and informational support.
All Regional employees who deliver programs and services to Peel residents.
All individuals who wish to seek employment at the Region of Peel.
Prospective Customers and Clients of Regional Programs and Services
All individuals who in the future may require access to services, programs and information offered and delivered by the Region of Peel.
Description of Suppliers, Partners and Stakeholders
- Disability Education Trainers: Coalition for Persons with Disabilities Peel/Halton/Dufferin, Learning Disabilities Association of Peel Region; and Canadian Hearing Society;
- Translation and Sign Language Interpretation service providers.
- Regional departments;
- Professional Associations: Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) and Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO);
- Accessibility Directorate of Ontario;
- External collaborative accessibility networks: Ontario Network of Accessibility Professionals (ONAP), Peel Partners in Accessibility and Coalition of Accessibility Advisory Committees;
- City of Brampton Accessibility Advisory Committee;
- City of Mississauga Accessibility Advisory Committee;
- Town of Caledon Accessibility Advisory Committee.
- Ministry of Community and Social Services;
- Region of Peel Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) to advise the Region of Peel on accessibility issues and to address the legislative requirements under AODA, ODA and subsequent regulations.
Organizational Structure for Accessibility Planning SSBP
Please refer to Appendix I, Corporate Projects