Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Region of Peel Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) was established on May 29, 2003. The committee advises the Region of Peel according to the requirements of the Ontarians with Disability Act, 2001 (ODA) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
The committee consists of the Regional Chair, three Regional Council members and several community representatives, the majority of whom have a disability. The AAC guides Regional Council on accessibility issues and helps identify and prioritize barriers to be eliminated. The AAC also monitors the progress of Regional accessibility initiatives which are reported annually to Regional Council.
The members of the AAC will serve a four-year term or until their successors are appointed by Regional Council.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chair and Members of the Committee:
- Regional Chair Dale (Ex-officio)
- Annette Groves, Regional Councillor
- Matt Mahoney, Regional Councillor
- Michael Palleschi, Regional Councillor
- Chamila Belleth, Citizen Member
- Amanjit Brar, Citizen Member
- Raj Chopra, Citizen Member (Vice-Chair)
- Mary Daniel, Citizen Member
- Naz Husain, Citizen Member
- Rabia Khedr, Citizen Member
- Tarryl Tamlin, Citizen Member
- Linda Soulliere, Citizen Member
- Tara Geraghty, Citizen Member
Accessibility Planning Program
Revised: Friday August 11 2017